CONDITIONS OF SALE
- GENERAL All orders are subject to these conditions of sale and the placing of an order by the buyer shall be considered as acceptance of these conditions. These conditions may not be modified or varied unless SEC Limited (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Company’) agrees in writing and the Company shall not be deemed to accept such other conditions nor waive any of these conditions by failing to object to provisions contained in any purchase order or other communication from the buyer.No person has authority on behalf of the Company to vary any condition except a Director or the Company Secretary, and then only in writing signed by a Director or the Secretary.
- VALIDITY OF QUOTATION The Company reserves the right to refuse the buyer’s acceptance of a quotation unless such a quotation is stated to be open for a specific period and is not withdrawn in such period. No binding contract shall be created by the acceptance by the buyer of the Company’s quotation until such notice of acceptance of the offer has been given in writing which shall have been signed by the Company’s duly authorised representative or the Company has indicated its acceptance of the offer by making delivery or part delivery of the goods. In the event that no quotation is given by the Company and it has received an order from the buyer, all deliveries are made subject to these conditions of sale.
- ORDERS Order placed by telephone must be confirmed within 48 hours in writing. No order can be processed until such written confirmation or the appropriate payment has been received by the Company.
- DELIVERY Delivery dates are promises given in good faith by the Company to indicate estimated delivery. The company undertakes to use its reasonable endeavors to dispatch the goods on an agreed delivery date, but does not guarantee to do so. Time of delivery shall not be the essence of the contract. The Company shall not be liable to the buyer for any loss or damage whether arising directly or indirectly from the late delivery or short delivery of the goods. If short delivery does take place, the buyer undertakes not to reject the goods but to accept the goods delivered as part performance of the contract. The company agrees to store your goods up to an agreed date FOC, after this date the company reserves the right to charge storage at £2.00+VAT per day. When the price quoted includes delivery the company will: Deliver goods to a ground floor location only. All delivery quotes, unless otherwise stated are based on one member of staff completing the delivery. The delivery service does not include the assembly of furniture. ALL goods must be inspected and checked whilst the driver is present, and then signed for accordingly. If the customer is not present or there is no one with authority to sign for the goods, the company will not be held responsible for any damage found thereafter. If the Company has to re-deliver goods due to the customer not accepting goods or the customer is not present for the signing of goods a re-delivery cost will be made to the customer for paying and a new delivery date will be arranged.
- FORCE MAJEURE The Company shall be entitled to cancel or delay delivery of orders if it is delayed, hindered or prevented from delivery through circumstances beyond its control. Such circumstances shall include (but are not limited to) industrial action, accident fire, Act of God or failure to deliver by suppliers or carriers.
- OWNERSHIP AND RISK The Company and the buyer expressly agree that until the Company has been paid in full for the goods supplied. The goods remain the property of the Company although the risk therein passes to the buyer at the point when delivery is made. The Company may recover those goods at any time from the buyer in their possession if the Company judges that the amount outstanding from the buyer on the general statement of account between the parties remains unpaid for more than 7 days from final completion and acceptance and for that purpose the Company’s servants and agents may enter upon any land or building upon which the goods are situated and remove back to the Company’s premises.If the buyer incorporates such goods into other products, with the addition of their goods or those of others, or uses such goods as materials for other products, with or without such addition, the property in those other products is upon incorporation of use ipso facto transferred to the Company and the buyer as Bailee of them for the Company will store the same for the Company in a proper manner without charge to the Company.The buyer has the right to dispose of the goods or such other products in the course of their business for the account of the Company and to pass good title to the goods or products to their customer being a bona fide purchaser for value without notice of the Company’s rights.In the event of such disposal the buyer has the fiduciary duty to the Company to account to the Company for the proceeds but may retain therefrom an excess of such proceeds over the amount outstanding and due to the Company, and the Company has the additional right to recover the buyer’s price from the buyer’s customer to the extent unpaid; if the Company avails itself of this right, it will account to the buyer for any excess less any expenses incurred by effecting recovery.
- CARRIAGE The Company reserves the right to charge carriage on deliveries.Where goods are specially ordered from manufacturers, and a carriage charge is made, the Company reserves the right to recover this charge from the buyer.
- DAMAGE IN TRANSIT AND SHORTAGES The Company will, when the price quoted includes delivery, repair or replace free of charge goods damaged in transit provided that the carriers and the Company receive notification within 48 hours. Goods received in a damaged or unsatisfactory condition must be signed for as such and the packing and contents should be retained for inspection.
- RETURNS Goods correctly supplied may not be returned. In exceptional circumstances, at management discretion returns may be possible. In these circumstances the goods returned must be consigned carriage paid and accompanied by a packing note stating the Company’s invoice number and the date, thereof, with the reason for the return. Any item which has been supplied to special requirements cannot be accepted for credit under any circumstances and in other instances, a re-stock charge may be imposed.
- WARRANTY The company guarantee is limited to the UK, goods taken outside of the UK are completely at the buyers risk. The Company cannot be held responsible for any costs associated in returning or repairing goods whilst they remain outside of the UK mainland.
- WARRANTY NEW GOODS The Company’s liability in respect of all goods supplied by it shall be limited to giving the buyer the benefit of any guarantee or warranty given by the manufacturer of such goods. The Company shall not be under any further liability howsoever arising and all conditions and warranties expressed or implied by or under statute custom or trade usage are hereby expressly excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, the company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the waste seal in basins supplied by the company: the customer is strongly advised in all cases to insure that the seal is rendered water tight on installation.
- WARRANTY USED GOODS The Company’s guarantee in respect of electrical equipment, and Belmont Barber chairs only, will be 3 months from the date of delivery irrespective if the goods have or have not been used. All other goods are ‘bought as seen’ so no guarantee whatsoever is given. The buyer must return faulty goods to the Company at their own expense. The Company offer no guarantee whatsoever in respect of plumbing, i.e. taps, wastes and pipework. It is the buyer’s responsibility to check every item before agreeing to a purchase and not to assume all goods will be identical in condition. Any descriptions, and or photographs supplied by the Company in respect of used goods are only intended to present a general idea as to the condition of the goods to which they refer and shall not form part of the contract.
- WARRANTY VINTAGE & ANTIQUE All goods are sold as seen so no guarantee whatsoever is given. The buyer must return the faulty goods to the Company at their own expense. It is the buyer’s responsibility to check every item before agreeing to a purchase and not to assume all goods will be identical in condition. Any descriptions, and or photographs supplied by the Company in respect of used goods are only intended to present a general idea as to the condition of the goods to which they refer and shall not form part of the contract.
- CANCELLED ORDERS When the buyer agrees to purchase the goods a contract is agreed by placing a deposit. Once the contract has been made, the order may not be cancelled. In exceptional circumstances, cancellation of an order may be considered by Management at their discretion. A cancellation charge of 25% of the original order placed will be retained by the Company. Any item which has been ordered and supplied as a special requirement cannot be accepted for credit under any circumstances.
- DESCRIPTIVE MATTER AND ILLUSTRATIONS All descriptive and forwarding specifications, drawings and particulars or weights and dimensions issued by the Company are approximate only and are intended only to present a general idea of the goods to which they refer and shall not form part of the contract. Any descriptions, and or photographs supplied by the Company in respect of used goods are also only intended to present a general idea of the condition of the goods to which they refer and shall not form part of the contract.
- LIABILITY The Company accept no liability (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty or otherwise) for any of the following losses: Loss of profits, revenue, sales, income or business, Loss of savings, Loss of use or production, Loss of goodwill, Business interruption, Remedial costs if products are damaged or defective, Damage to property or possessions through use or misuse of the products, Loss caused by delay or other late performance, Indirect or consequential losses.
- SETTLEMENT TERMS All accounts are payable on demand in accordance with the following terms:i) A minimum deposit of 50% of the purchase price to be remitted with Acceptance of Order.ii) The balance of 50% to be paid once all goods have arrived into stock and prior to delivery of goods.Any discrepancies shall not be accepted as any reason for withholding the whole of the final payment.
- LIMITS OF CONTRACT Any quotation includes only such goods, accessories and work as are specified therein.
- COPYRIGHT All drawings, descriptions and other information submitted by the Company shall remain the property of the Company together with the copyright therein. The Company reserves the right to charge a minimum of £250 Design Fee on non-completed projects.
- VALUE ADDED TAX Where chargeable Value Added Tax will be charged at the rate applicable at the date of despatch.
- RETURNED CHEQUES If the buyer’s cheque is returned from the bank to the Company as unpaid the buyer will incur a charge of £25 on each occasion.
- EX-DISPLAY AREA All goods are “Sold as seen” and it is the responsibility of the customer to inspect all goods brought from this area.
- ASSIGNMENT The contract shall not be capable of assignment by the buyer.
- GOVERNING LAW The contract shall be governed by and construed exclusively under the laws of England.
Our delivery charge is based on one member of staff to deliver items purchased, to a ground floor location only.
All goods must be signed for at the point of delivery.
Any damages or missing items must be reported at the point of delivery, SEC cannot be held responsible if the goods have been signed for in good condition.